Calvin's Reflection
19/2/09
In this week’s IPW lesson, we worked on our survey, like how to approach people with our topics and questions. We created a few related and relevant questions for the public to answer if approached. I think surveys lets us know about what other people feel. After the survey, we can use the information we received and use it in improving our project.
9/2/09
In this week’s IPW lesson, some of us have just realized that it was necessary to put in more effort in our IPW projects and research, for time was running short. If we were not to work on it, we could fail it. So I think that as soon as the common tests are over, we can utilize the march holidays as a perfect time to do our project
5/2/09
After this IPW lesson, We have assigned each and every one of my team a task to carry out and complete by certain deadlines. We appointed each person a task that he is comfortable in doing, like giving Bryan the task of assembling the car, who is very experienced in such tasks. We have also been told to try and squeeze in more group meetings so that we can plan on our ‘Chemical Car’. We hope that we can organize and come for more group meetings to make our tasks much more easier.
22/01/09
After this lesson, I realized that I had a lot of questions in mind, like: What kind of chemicals are safe for use for the fuel for the engines, and what type of material can be used for the body of the car, and what type of tires are good for making a chemical powered car. Although there were many questions, I did have some of my questions answered, and learned some things, like the fact that the cars fuel should not be too acidic or the car will melt away, or the fact that some food substances can be used for the fuel and that the car should not be too big. I agree that sharp objects or weapons should not be fixed on the car if that car were to be sent for a competition.
12/1/09
In today’s IPW session, my team decided to use the ‘chemical car’ topic for our project. We already have some experience in constructing model cars in DnT lessons so construction isn’t really a problem. But what we need to know is what kind of safe materials should we use to produce the fuel, and what materials are available for use. This chemical car project may sound difficult but I think we can do it.
8/1/09
This is the first time we did project this large and important. More teamwork is required for this project. We must be quick and sharp to tackle tasks and complete them on time. Tasks have very short deadlines.
I think that there should be more corporation between team members so that work can be done much more quickly. If one of us is stumped in any way, others must be quick to assist him in any anyway. It is always good to know our teammates weaknesses and specialties. I think that this project will be interesting and exciting.
I would want to find out what would we be doing in this IPW in advance. This is so that we can prepare our resources and data in advance. I would also like to know how we are supposed to carry out each task. Finally I would also like to know what my group is capable of.
I can do my part for my group by doing assignments on time. I can also contribute to the progress of my group by churning out resources and data frequently. I can help any teammate that requires help with their tasks. I finally hope that every person from my group does his part well.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home