Alfred's Reflection
23/4/09 W5L
During this IPW lesson, our teacher, Mr Shen, did not come. With our two group members not in too, our project almost come to a complete stop. As I did not come for these few days, I update myself from what I missed. I realized that we needed Brandon to buy the stuff before we can continue any further.
30/3/09 W2L
During this IPW lesson, I found out that we need to go at a faster pace as time is very tight. Although I have a very busy schedule, I still need to do my work as it is for the group and not for me. I need to rearrange my timetable and see how I am able to have time to do the research. I have a deadline to meet and I will do within it.
26/3/09 W1L6
During this IPW lesson, i found out that more findings are needed to be done. Over the next few days, i would research on our group idea on using mentos and coke for a chemical reaction to move the car. As until now, no one is clear on what chemical reactions took place when mentos is put into coke, thus, it is my duty to find it out. Overall, more planning is needed and more meet up time too. It is quit difficult not to meet up and still able to know what we need and were to improve.
5/3/09 W9
During this IPW lesson, there was little time when I got into the class but i managed to hear some things. We need to try out our chemical and need to have some mechanics and not the gas produce alone. Not too sure on when the chemicals would be tested and the date of testing is unclear. I would check with our leader and follow up on what i missed. Since I did not do much, I would get information from the group members and continue on what needed to be done.
23/2/09 W8
During this IPW lesson although there was no worksheet, we discussed on the types of chemical needed. We can come up with a apparatus that we need to use for our testing of the chemical. This document needed to be hand in one week before as this will give the science lab people enough time to prepare the items needed. We would meet up tomorrow and do the worksheet. I hope that we can use this no worksheet time to do our research and planning.
19/2/09 W7L5
During this IPW lesson, we gained ideas and suggestion from our teacher. Our teacher suggested that we could have other alternatives of people for our interview besides our teachers in the school. We can interview our parents, cousins and so on and so forth. I think that the survey would be able to help us greatly as there would be many different ideas and their experience and knowledge could help us in the project outcome. The survey is able to be our guide and reference if we ran out of ideas or we are stuck during our discussion and planning. After the survey, we would try to understand why the interviewees had such a thought or idea and further improve on what each one of them gave us with other suggestions and finally compile all to one as our final presentation or our project planning.
9/2/09 W6L4
During this IPW lesson, our teacher wanted us to have a meeting every week. I am glad to hear that as i have some doubt on how we are going to meet each other. Upon hearing, I learned that this would be essential to our group as only then we are able to get together and organize our work and put them together. I agree that the meetings is important and we can to use this time to meet up and do our IPW. I hope that the first meeting would be done ASAP.
5/2/09 W5L4
During this IPW lesson, I learned that we need to put effort into the IPW project but still not affecting our CA1 marks. As Calvin had assigned our jobs to us, it makes work easier. Since we know our respective work needed to be done, we would do as what we are told. I would expect the others also follow up with the assignment.
22/1/09 W4L3
After that IPW lesson, I realized that there are more work than expected. Many research need to be done and compiled together to produce a good result. Like the chemical need, what material need, all these need to be research on and still follow the competition rules and regulations. Although this may seem very hard, but if all members co-operate and do their part, i feel that this can also be a lot easier and save lots of time meeting up. The only problem i think is that how to make the car. It would be hard as we need to put together the different materials and chemicals together and still make it work.
12/1/08 W2L2
Today we had decided to do about chemical car topic. I think it is a topic worth discussing as it is an interesting topic. We should do our best and do it well.
8/1/09 W1L1
I know that organizing a group is not easy. It needs corporation from various team mates if not is cannot be done. It is important that I must know what are other people's thinking so that i can be more sensitive in the way of how i do my work, the words i say, and the suggestions i give.
I think that there should be more team work between members. To do this, I think that there should be more communication between me and my team mates so that i can understand them even more, deeper than what i already know them on the surface just only for one year. I think that Calvin should get a blog so that he can write his work. We should help each other in times of difficulties if they faces any, and help not by doing directly for them, but guiding them slowly so that both parties can learn at the same time.
I want to find out what we would be doing for this IPW. The project theme should be ready by next lesson. I would like to learn what our group would want to do and how should be done.
I can hope that we appoint a leader as soon as possible. Appointing an assistant leader should be enough to help out the leader in any forms of difficulties if the leader faces. I hope that everyone would be able to hand in their project on time.

1 Comments:
Remember to submit your reflection according to the four sub-headings.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home